About Fritz Coppersafe®
Coppersafe® is a safe, stable, and non-staining chelated copper concentrate delivering relief from unwelcome parasites. Proves effective treatment and control of Fresh and Saltwater Ich, Fresh and Saltwater Velvet, and other external parasites, including flukes and anchor worms. The long lasting formula only requires one dose to maintain a therapeutic level for up to one month in the aquarium.
Directions & Dosage
Use 5 ml (1 tsp) per 4 U.S. gallons (15 L), or 8 oz (1 cup) per 190 U.S. gallons (337.5 L). This dose maintains a total copper level of ~2.0 ppm, no redosing is necessary for up to one month. Treatment time will vary based on the infection you are treating.
- For best results, use Coppersafe® in a quarantine tank
- Remove ion-exchange resins and heavy metal adsorbing filter pads during treatment.
- Discontinue use of skimmer during treatment
- Carbon does NOT need to be removed during treatment
- UV Sterilizer can be used during treatment
- Use with caution on aquariums with scaleless fish and other copper-sensitive livestock - do not use Coppersafe® solution with fish species that have a known sensitivity to copper.
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds including ACCR and Complete
- NOT SAFE FOR USE WITH INVERTEBRATES: corals, snails, shrimp, clams, jellyfish, other crustaceans or molluscs; remove these types of livestock before dosing
- Coppersafe® may be harmful to plants and amphibians
- Easy measuring: the 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Only one dose is needed to achieve the therapeutic level of 1.5 - 2.0 ppm copper. No second dose is needed during treatment.
- To prevent accidental overdose in an unknown volume of water, add approximately 1/4 or 1/2 dose and test before adding additional copper.
- If water changes must be performed during treatment, treat the volume of replacement water with Coppersafe® to maintain the therapeutic level
- Overdosed? Perform large water changes immediately until a test kit reads below 2 ppm copper
- Test with a reliable copper test kit that measures above 2.0 ppm Total copper, or a kit that measures chelated copper
- After treatment, remove copper with water changes, or use a copper-specific adsorbing resin or polyfilter until the copper level returns to zero.
Note: Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease causing organisms and treatment options.
Safety Info: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. For aquarium use only. THIS PRODUCT IS INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE WITH ORNAMENTAL FISH AND/ OR OTHER ORNAMENTAL ORGANISMS AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH HUMANS OR FISH FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.